I Personal Information
When using our website, you may need to provide personal information (applying for employment, visiting the office for informational purposes, among others). We are unable to provide certain services without receiving your personal information, but the act of providing this information is always performed voluntarily by you/users themselves.
II Purpose of Personal Information
- 1. For the operation of our business
- 2. For informing users of lectures, courses, and other events offered by SOEI or affiliated research institutions
- 3. For responding to messages and requests regarding SOEI, or affiliated research institutions/companies
- 4. For responding to applications for group visits to our office, or applications for employment at SOEI or affiliated companies
- 5. For other cases where the use of personal information is deemed necessary for the operations of SOEI or affiliated research institutions
We will not use personal information for any case purpose other than those outlined above.
III Protection of Personal Information
- 1. This website has an ID from Symantec Corporation (formerly Verisign), and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. This enables us to guarantee that this server belongs to our firm, and protects your information from attacks such as fraudulent alterations, interception, and identity theft.
- 2. When using your email software to send emails to the contact email address listed on each page, this information will not be encrypted, and we therefore cannot guarantee its safety.
IV Management of Personal Information
We manage personal information appropriately to ensure it is not fraudulently altered, lost, or damaged.
To keep the personal information stored by our firm up-to-date, we regularly revise/add to/delete sections.
If a user contacts us with a request to disclose, cease use of, or add to/delete their personal information that we have possess, they will be required to first provide proof of identity, after which we will respond to their request as quickly as possible once their identity is confirmed, to disclose/cease using/add to/delete information as requested.
If you would like more information on how we handle personal information, please contact the General Planning Office of SOEI Patent & Law Firm.